HALF DAY DATA GOVERNANCE WORKSHOP
Data is one of your business’ most important and valuable assets. Ensure it’s properly and proactively managed throughout your organisation. Smart businesses strive to drive more insight and value from personal data, all the while ensuring data protection is bedded-in.
By implementing a robust data governance framework, you can ensure your customers’ personal data is protected and help your organisation to comply with the data laws.
In this exclusive half-day workshop, Simon Blanchard from the Data Protection Consultancy Opt-4 will give you the tools and knowledge to develop data protection practices that suit your business. The workshop will include group discussions and exercises.
Simon has in-depth experience in helping many blue chip, SME and charity clients make the most of their data assets, combined with establishing strong data governance practices and compliance with data protection law. Simon’s approach is practical, realistic, hands-on and jargon-free.
Take control of your data & achieve your commercial aims worry-free
What will you learn?
- What is a data governance framework and why you need one?
- How to apply Privacy by Design in practice
- Using privacy as a brand asset
- How to assess and prioritise your data risks
- The ‘3 Lines of Defence’ model
- How to define data roles and responsibilities
- Managing data technology systems and third-party suppliers
- Creating and managing your action plan
- Managing documentation and evidence
- Monitoring ongoing compliance
- Handling individual rights requests, data incidents and breaches
You will leave with the tools, knowledge and confidence to take control of your data!
You will be given key takeaways and action points.
Who should attend?
This course is not just for those who work in data protection/privacy teams. It will also provide core knowledge and invaluable practical tools for function heads and managers working in areas such as marketing, sales, CRM, HR, Finance and other operational functions.
Date: Thursday 7th November
Time: 10.30am – 3.00pm
Venue: Bristows LLP, 100 Victoria Embankment
This course is run by the DPN in partnership with the Global Marketing Alliance.